Friday, August 31, 2007

The Beauty of Letterpress

I found this video over at notebookism, a blog that feeds my addiction for all things paper, especially bound paper. It's a beautiful little video essay on letterpress by Chuck Kraemer, featuring John Christensen and his Firefly Press:


It warms my printmakerly heart to see that.

If you want to get your hands on some letterpressed poems, you might find some scattered here and there through the efforts of the Guerrilla Poetics Project. The GPP is being celebrated in this article from the September/October issue of Poets & Writers.

1 comment:

Susan Constanse said...

This just made me so nostalgic. Let me step into my way-back machine...

I took printshop when I was in high school. I used exactly the press and precess in the video. But we didn't have such marvelous paper!

I remember printing a flyer for my father during the year that I was in that class. I remember casting the letters and eyeballing the justification.

Thank you, Marc.