Wednesday, December 10, 2008

I'm Not Being Ironic






Well, this month's book just went to the post office. Hopefully the title is self-explanatory - I conducted a search for the honest truth by googling the phrase "I'm not being ironic". The book celebrates six of these small truths. Here's one of the pages:






Now of course there was a lot of sincerity out there that didn't make the book. Here are a few truths that made it to the final round but didn't end up in the book:


I love Cher.

I genuinely dig Lumpy and the rest.

In defense of Lederhosen, I'm sure the Brits would look as grand in them as they do in kilts.

There's good food everywhere.

This one is to me the Star Wars of all love songs.

I always have a shaved head with cut designs into it.

Always fun to talk string gauges and tubes with guitar kids.

I truly dig Hall and Oates.

I'm the kind of lecturer who is very imprecise.

I personally love the idea of slathering my thighs with something the texture of liquid concrete.

All I'm saying is that this is pure fucking Cinema, people.

You most definitely don't give a crap what people think about you.

I wish this show wasn't so boring. . .


No comments: